Monday, February 4, 2013

Exciting News!!!!

So now that I we have gotten through the surgery without any major complications, I called my RE's office this am, and asked when I could come in next week for my follow-up post-op, and for my consult (again) for my FET cycle. (Frozen Embryo Transfer).  I was also calling to speak to the RN in regards to AF (Aunt Flo) showing up unexpectedly.  I wasn't sure if AF is something you should go through after this type of surgery, or if it would prevent it from coming . . either way, I wanted to ask.  Of course her response was, "well are you due for your period?"  I would love to know the answer to that, unfortunately I haven't had a regular cycle for years now, and have no clue when AF is arrriving. 

So she told me that she would like me to come in tomorrow and test my blood levels!  She is going to check with my doctor, but she thinks that if it is AF she would want to get an ultra sound, and start me on the hormones for Round #2!  I am so excited. 

If we are able to begin tomorrow, I will be able to be implanted in around 3 weeks, which means we will be a week ahead of schedule to find out if we get a BFP (Big Fat Positive) on the PT (Pregnancy Test) after the 2ww!  We don't want to count our chickens before they hatch on this one, but I am allowed to be excited for a day or two until we know for sure that we get to begin this week! 

This time around we have signed off on implanting 2 embryos!  Last time we only implanted one.  Our RE told us that she highly recommended one on the first round due to the fact that we are young and healthy.  Since that cycle didn't work, she suggested maybe trying 2, but she still thinks that 1 would be okay to try as well.  After some thinking, debating, and changing our mind a few times . . we have decided on 2 embryos to be transferred.  We have 3 embryos frozen from our fresh cycle.  So the way it works is minutes before I go in to have the transfer take place they will "defrost" one of our frozen embryos, if that one defrosts correctly then they will defrost the second embryo.  If for some reason any of those two do not defrost correctly, then it will be unable to be used for implantation.  If that is the case, then they will get the 3rd, and last frozen embryo and hope that that one defrosts correctly.

Worst Case Scenario:  Only 1 embryo defrosts correctly
Best Case Scenario:  The first 2 embryos defrost correctly, and we are still left with one frozen embryo

Will update soon!

Exciting news!  PrayingForBabyDust is being read in United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and the Netherlands!  I can't believe it!  Thanks so much for reading!  Any questions, comments or complaints, etc. can be commented below, or you can email me at prayingforbabydust@gmail.com.

                                                   Hoping for the Best!
                                                            Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment