Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Can't Wait!!!



                There are so many things going on in my life that are simply wonderful.  I have had an amazing Summer of fun and relaxation, and have spent the last 5 years enjoying life with the love of my life.  My new career has been booming in leaps and bounds and I have an amazing group of family and friends that I am lucky enough to spend time with.  (Even if it’s not as frequently as I would like)  But there is something that I am looking forward to more than anything.  More than announcing that we are finally pregnant, more than the miracle that will occur someday when I actually give birth to our baby.  I simply CAN’T WAIT to live a life with our child.  I can’t wait to see what type of person he/she will become.  I can’t wait to have to wake up in the middle of the night for feedings.  I can’t wait for their first day of school where I will undoubtedly cry as the door closes behind them.  I CAN’T wait until their own little personality develops and I get to see little glimpses of DH and myself in them.  I can't wait to see them laugh uncontrollably.  I can't wait to see their aunties spoil them.  I can't wait to see the power of a mothers/fathers kiss when they have a "boo boo."  I can’t wait for them to disagree with us and be so proud to see them stand up for what they believe is the right thing.  (Even when I can’t quite see their side of things)  I can’t wait to see DH be the most amazing daddy to our little girl or boy.  I can’t wait for the day that they beg to go on the golf course with us, and the day that they want NOTHING to do with us out there too.  I can’t wait to see them develop their independence, even though I will surely believe it’s all happening too early.  I can’t wait for the day I can turn off my phone and have every right to do so, so that my undivided attention will be on them.  I can’t wait for the day that I see my child growing into an adult and no longer am I the one that they always call on.  I can’t wait to watch them get back up after they fall, and learn how to succeed after a failure.  I can’t wait to see all of the influences in their lives shape their precious little soul.  I can’t wait to be the ear they need when they have had a bad day, and to be the cheering squad on their days of great accomplishment.  The one thing I can’t wait for more than any of these things, is to be his/her biggest fan.  In all that they do I want them to know that they do not have a bigger supporter than their parents.  I can't wait for DH and I to support a decision we may not think is best.  I can’t wait for our family to grow.  I can’t wait to be a family of 3.  But for now I enjoy every day as a family of 2.  I enjoy each day as they come, and will not take for granted these numbered days we have only as hubby & wife.  These are days we will never get back.  I can’t wait to share our love for one another with another person, and have them be the biggest part of our lives.  Until then, I will continue cherishing my family of 2.
                                                             

                                                           Proud member of a family of 2,
                                                                                Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete