Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gender Reveal . .

So this post looked completely different while I was working on it a few nights ago.  It was going through all of my exciting ideas, picture of decor, color themed foods, drinks and snacks, as well as Gender Reveal Party Favors... But now, I am able to happily say that we will not be finding out the sex of Baby A until his/her arrival!

I am elated!  I know DH wanted to find out pretty badly, so in true compromise fashion we agreed that if we found out, we would wait until July (Even though that was 7 weeks after we could have found out) - We were going to release balloons, and have a Team Pink/Team Blue themed gender reveal cookout with about 30-40 of our friends and family.  I am sad that the balloon release will not be happening, because I feel that the entire feel of the part was going to be amazing, but on the other hand I am so excited!  

I can not wait to be driving to the hospital without a clue as to who we will be meeting in just a few (hopefully) short hours!  The feeling DH will have when he gets to go into the waiting room and announce, "It's a _____!!!" to all of our friends and family who have come to welcome the new baby into our family.  And of course hand out cigars with the appropriate label on it.

Well I am so happy that DH decided he wanted to wait as well!!

By the way - tomorrow is our "20 weeks anatomy scan!"  Although I won't be quite 20 weeks, I can't believe I am almost halfway there!  This is going by so fast!  So rather than having the doctor or u/s tech check off the girl or boy box and seal it in the envelope - we will immediately be telling them that we do not want to know!

Momma to be,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment