Monday, May 5, 2014

Update 15wks. 4d.

So as most of you know, we are in fact PREGNANT!  Sorry I haven't been on here in ages!  We just announced it to the world a few days ago.  I know most women announce around 12 weeks, but due to our history - I was more hesitant in doing so.  We waited until we were 15 weeks.  The overwhelming support and love we have received in the past week has been amazing.  I wasn't "public" with our fertility struggle on social media throughout our struggle with infertility.  My close friends and family knew what we were going through, and some asked for updates frequently and we were happy to keep them in the loop.  And obviously I came here to keep everything documented and to vent, etc.  But I decided that when announcing I was going to be honest.  

I remember being heart broken over the past 3.5 years whenever I would see ANOTHER baby announcement.  Some days it didn't bother me, but most days it did.  Most of the time I was very happy for them, but I would honestly get very sad at the same time.  There were times that I would just delete the app on my phone for a few weeks to protect myself from getting upset.  It was obviously nobody's fault, but because I knew that was how it made me feel, and that there were PLENTY of other women who I have come to know over the past 3 years that felt the same way, I was very aware and sensitive towards that.  I decided that I had to be honest, and embrace the struggle that DH and I have overcome.  Tell people what we have been through, and that anything is possible.  I was nervous to do so, but the response was amazing.  There were about 8-10 ladies that have reached out to me after seeing my announcement.  Some have been TTC for a few years, and haven't had any luck, and didn't really know where to turn to get help.  Some ladies just figured they were "too late" and didn't want to reach out to a doctor, and some just felt that their OB didn't think anything was wrong, so they were just going to keep doing the same thing and keep trying (after 3 years).. Some who have been suffering silently after another miscarriage, etc.  I was happy that these ladies were reaching out.  Nobody should go through this alone.  I was able to give them advice, and fill them in on some of the things that helped me along the way.  I felt as if it was my turn to pay it forward like all of the ladies did for me when I started (and throughout) my journey.  I have made some amazing friends throughout this journey, and will continue to support them and encourage them along the way.  And I am eternally grateful for the ladies that helped me so much, and answered all of my crazy questions when I felt my Fertility doctor, OB, or Dr. Google didn't give me the "real" scoop on things.  And the times that I would over analyze every (hundreds) of pregnancy tests to see if there really was in fact a second line.  (Sometimes at 3 in the morning ha) - Thank you, ladies! 

Our announcement read:

"After almost 4 years of trying to conceive, 4 IVF cycles, 3 surgeries, 2 miscarriages and some bumps later.. Brent and I are so excited to announce that we will finally be a family of 3 in October!  Our little miracle is due on our 5 year wedding anniversary and we could not feel any more blessed!  Our love goes out to those who are still on their journey to their miracle baby"

These were the pictures that were attached to the announcement <3



Thank you again so much for you love and support along the way, and the love and support we have received now that we are finally pregnant with our little miracle.

Love,
Lindsay and Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment