Friday, February 7, 2014

2dp5dt

So right now I am 2dp5dt (2 days post 5 day transfer).  It is crazy that all of these little acronyms are now something I use in every day conversations.  If someone posted that on my wall 2 years ago, I would come to the conclusion that their autocorrect is not working, or their intake of vodka was at an all time high.  

Right now, I have 2 (potential) babies inside my uterus.  This is something I could only say 4 times in my life.  This is such an amazing feeling, and such a hopeful time. Although I promise myself every cycle that I will be sure not to get my hopes up too high, this feeling in inevitable.  Its a miracle that doctors can have the technology to even make this happen, and its a miracle that our bodies were created in such a way to know what to do with these embryos.  (Clearly my body is a slow learner when it comes to this)

Right now I am what people consider P.U.P.O.  (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise) I like to call it (pronunciation) Pup Poe  - rather than just simply using the letters.  Anyways, that's where I am right now and it's such a weird place to be.  Being partway pregnant is a very weird feeling.  It's exciting knowing that I may end up peeing on a stick and having that adrenaline rush of seeing those 2 bold pink lines.  But with a history of miscarriages, the mind can easily spin wildly out of control.  From excitement and pure joy, to worry.  Usually the mind will end up in a place in between those emotions: in emotional and psychological limbo - a state of being Cautiously Optimistic.  

Yesterday I POAS.  There were 2 lines.  For most women this means a positive pregnancy test . . For me?  It simply means that the hormone hCG is still in my system from my trigger shot I took that day prior to retrieval surgery.  I was advised not to POAS until 2 weeks had passed from taking the trigger shot because the hormone (hCG) that PTs test for is the main ingredient in the shot.  Well, rather than outing myself as a "POAS addict" and telling them that I planned on testing everyday until I test the hCG was out of my system, I simply responded with, "okay."  They tell you to hold off on the testing because the trigger causes a positive result, but in this case its a false positive.  So my plan was to POAS until the test went completely negative.  At that point I will know that if I test prior to my Beta Test Day at the Dr.'s office, I will know whether or not it is a true positive or a "trigger" positive.

Well it's on been 2 days, and I can honestly say I am a lot more relaxed this time than the others.  Sadly, I think that may be because my expectations are a little low at this point. 

I found a picture with this Inspirational Quote on it, and I thought I would share:

\

Alright, off to Acupuncture . .
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment