Sunday, February 2, 2014

Surgery- Fresh IVF #2

First off, I would like to thank everybody who reached out to me the morning of and the afternoon after the surgery. Whether it was with a kind message a phone call, a note or an email. It truly was appreciated. I'm so thankful that you are all in my life.

The surgery went well. I am still in some pain and I'm very uncomfortable, but it is to be expected.  I was in surgery for about 30 minutes. Apparently, although I do not remember this, while I was coming out of anesthesia I decided it was a good idea to ask all of the doctors and nurses if I pooped on them. I then proceeded to tell them how regular I was.  Lol.

Well we found out yesterday that they had retrieved 13 eggs. And of those 13 eggs, eight of them were mature and seven of them had fertilized. Today I find out how many of those seven are still maturing and whether not we will be doing a three-day transfer or five day transfer. Which means that I could get the call this afternoon telling me that the transfer's tomorrow.

I was supposed to be on bed rest for the two days following my surgery. So for the first day I stayed on the couch watching Netflix while DH catered to me.  The day following the surgery however, I ended up having to do some work and had some appointments. I ended up being on my feet from 10 AM until 4 PM. That was not a good decision. But I love my job so it didn't really bother me until I finally got home and realized how uncomfortable I was.  So today I only have one appointment and then I will rest for the remainder of the day. Hopefully this will cause the discomfort level to subside.

Praying for good new on our little embies,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment