Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Like a BOSS!

                Surgery was Monday and I handled it like a BOSS!  Okay, that may be a SLIGHT exaggeration, but I definitely could have gotten an award for having the most questions pre-op than anyone else, EVER.  I like to know what I am getting myself into, it makes me feel more confident about what is about to happen.  Needless to say, once I got my questions done I was MORE than ready!  Let’s do this!  Of course, my surgeon (who also happens to be my Reproductive Endocrinologist) was a little tardy.  This normally may have set me off, given the anticipation and anxiousness I was feeling, about to head in to surgery and all, but it didn’t.  She is really fabulous in all other aspects, so what’s a 10 minute wait for surgery?? 
                Anyways, I am now recovering “comfortably,” at home.  I don’t know what is worse . . the pain from the 3 incisions and the actual surgery or the side effects from the pain meds.  So the 3 incisions include one in my belly button, one right on my bikini line, and one on my ride side right inside the hip bone.  They are NOT attractive.  Stating the obvious.  Due to their locations it makes any movement involving your abs muscles a little more difficult.  Trust me, you use those muscles for EVERYTHING!!  I am realizing this. Either way, DH and I are trying our best to manage my pain as comfortably as possible.  And of course, with everything, DH is kicking butt being the best Caregiver I could I ever ask for. 
Although I was kind of looking forward to this week of medical leave from work, it has barely been 48 hours since I was under the knife, and I am quite bored.  Don’t get me wrong, I have been getting up and moving around like the doctors have ordered, (sneaking in a little organizing and closet clean out in there too, until DH catches me lol) but I am basically stuck in my bed, or on my couch.  Thankfully I have great friends and family who have been great throughout the last few days!  I have gotten countless messages, emails, notes, phone calls, and even a few care packages to keep me busy while I recover.  Thank you all so much!  I truly appreciate it!  (You know who you are!)
So the day of my surgery, DH and I were headed towards Boston and I saw this amazing video that had me in stitches laughing.  I think I was just in awe of this little boy.  I am going to post it here, because everyone should watch this AT LEAST twice. 
ENJOY!
A Pep Talk (Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment