Friday, March 1, 2013

Abbreviations




So, I use abbreviations in almost all of my posts.  If you are familiar with reading infertility blogs, you probably know most of them.  If you are not familiar with infertility blogs then this will be a very useful tool for ya!

FET – Frozen Embryo Transfer  - That is a cycle which involves your embryos that were left over from a fresh IVF cycle, and frozen for future transfers.


AF – Aunt Flow – Your period

BFN – Big Fat Negative – Negative Pregnancy Test

BFP – Big Fat Positive – Positive Pregnancy Test

DH – Darling Hubby

DD – Darling Daughter

DS – Darling Son

HPT – Home Pregnancy Test

IVF – In Vitro Fertilization

POAS – Pee on a stick

PT – Pregnancy Test

RE – Reproductive Endocrinologist – A doctor that specializes in Infertility

TTC – Trying to conceive

2ww – 2 week wait

5dp5dt – 5 days post 5 day transfer.  This indicates how many days you are since the transfer.  There are usually 5 day transfers and 3 day transfers.  I have done all 5 day.

I am sure there are others that I have used that I haven’t put in here . . so I will edit this as the blog continues to ensure that I include them all over time.
                                                                                                Praying for Baby Dust,
                                                                                                                Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment