Friday, March 1, 2013

Now we wait . .


So . . Tuesday morning DH and I headed to the RE's office for implantation.  Basically they tell you to show up with a full bladder in order for them to see on the ultra sound exactly where to place the embryos in your uterus.  As you can imagine, this is not a comfortable state to be in while in this “position.”  They also give you a valium to relax everything which helps, kinda.  Anyways, while we were there we verified with my doctor that we would be implanting TWO embryos during this round.  While discussing this we discovered we would actually have 2 more embryos left, rather than only 1 (which was what we originally thought).  So if for some reason (hopefully NOT) that this cycle does not work . . we do have 2 more embryos to use for another FET (frozen embryo cycle).  This is HUGE news!  I won’t have to go through a 3 month process with a surgery in the middle for a fresh IVF cycle, I would have another 3 and a half week FET cycle with NO surgery.

                Soooo, I WAS IMPLANTED TUESDAY!  Which means now we WAIT!  These 2.5-3 weeks are going to feel like years.  How do I know this?  Well, I have already had to wait once, and it was torture.  Also, it has only been 3 days, and I am already DONE with this whole “waiting” thing.  I tell friends and family, that I speak to often, that it is a month or so until we find out rather than 2.5 weeks.  First of all, not many people ask, but if they do it will give us time to either grasp good news, or get over some of the original raw grief if there is another unsuccessful cycle. 

                While I was lying down before the procedure I had every emotion running through my mind.  I was excited, nervous, happy, worried and anxious, all at once.  I was so excited that this was happening, and we could potentially find out we are pregnant within the next few weeks.  This is such a crazy thing for us to imagine.  On the other hand, I would tell myself not to get too excited, and that I should prepare for the situation of it possibly not working out.  Then, two seconds, later I am telling myself not to be pessimistic about it and to think the best.  It really is very emotionally draining, and I am sure this will be going on in my head for the next 2.5 weeks or so.  I am trying to stay as positive as I can and to focus on other things, so I don’t obsess over this… It’s hardly working, but I am trying…

                                                                                                                Prayers on Prayers,
                                                                                                                                Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment